Friday 12 September 2008

F.I.L. yer boots

As you should be well aware by now, I absolutely adore Visvim due to the construction, design, material selection, branding, marketing and ethics of the brand. One thing that I haven't mentioned so far is the F.I.L. stores which carry the Visvim brand across the 5 stores. The Free International Laboratory (F.I.L) stores are now synonymous with the clean styling of the brand and help create a calming atmosphere in which the brand can be viewed, but perhaps more importantly, touched.

As with the rest of the Visvim/F.I.L/Cubism branding I can't help but love the design (or lack thereof) of the shops. I could waffle on about clean lines, simple shapes, neutral backgrounds and how this helps to accentuate the chaff from the other stuff, but I'll just let the photos do the talking.

Again a long post but I'm sure you'll understand when you see these places...

First F.I.L. in Tokyo


Tokyo Relaunch at new location


Store front sign, Tokyo


F.I.L Sendai


Sendai exterior


Massive glaring in-your-face sign, Sendai


F.I.L Hiroshima


F.I.L Hiroshima


F.I.L Kanazawa



F.I.L./Cubism Offices Meguro Rice Factory

No comments: